[mapserver-dev] important news item: Travis CI has changed its pricing model

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Sat Nov 7 00:55:54 PST 2020

Ok that explains why all my Travis builds are stuck in "pending" for hours..!
A couple of threads on Hacker News about the changes:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=24964601
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=25003387

I'm all for paying for a service to ensure it survives and develops, but reading the above I'm not sure this still the case with Travis. I guess moving logic to shell scripts (and Windows builds to PowerShell), allows easier migration.

It would be good to get Mac builds added to the CI too (I think Tom was trying to build locally on a Mac recently).

Seth

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk
twitter: @geographika