[mapserver-dev] Fuzzing MapServer

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Apr 15 11:33:32 PDT 2021

Here are the specific requirements to join Google's OSS-Fuzz infrastructure:

- To be accepted to OSS-Fuzz, an open-source project must have a
significant user base and/or be critical to the global IT infrastructure

- To apply:

   - Create a pull request with a new
projects/<project_name>/project.yaml file (example) :
https://github.com/google/oss-fuzz/tree/master/projects/libarchive/project.yaml

     - In the file, provide the following information:
          - Your project’s homepage.
          - An email address for the engineering contact to be CCed on
new issues, satisfying the following:
               - The address belongs to an established project committer
(according to VCS logs). If the address isn’t you, or if the address
differs from VCS, we’ll require an informal email verification.
               - The address is associated with a Google account (why?).
       If you use an alternate email address linked to a Google Account,
you’ll only get access to filed bugs in the issue tracker, not to the
ClusterFuzz dashboard. This is due to appengine API limitations.

source:
https://google.github.io/oss-fuzz/getting-started/accepting-new-projects/

Worth a try!  -jeff