[mapserver-dev] Motion: rename default 'master' branch to 'main'

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Jan 13 13:47:26 PST 2021

Sounds good for testing one repository (and yes to Jerome/MapCache and
Bruno's request for other projects under the MapServer umbrella).
Honestly I'm most worried of impacts of the website publishing process,
but since it is based on a branch other than master it should be ok, but
I agree to test on 'mapserver-demo'.  Maybe this Friday will be the day
to test.

(it should be 'easy', but with any change like this there must be some
undocumented impacts - such as updating the docs for 'master' references
etc - there will definitely be impacts like that coming, and will try to
fix them as fast as possible)

-jeff