[mapserver-dev] MapServer 8.0 Config File

Steve Lime sdlime at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 07:19:22 PDT 2021

Hi Dan, thanks for the feedback.

   - A default location is a reasonable idea. I started down this route
   initially but stopped because I can see folks wanting to use
   different config files for multiple virtual hosts on the same server - so
   being explicit seemed ok (and simpler). How does MapCache handle it's
   config file?
   - I think the config *must* be mandatory for CGI operations. Trying to
   support both legacy configuration and a config file is just too messy IMHO.
   With that, we can certainly set some recommended defaults in the example
   config file that is provided and setting MS_MAP_NO_PATH to true is fine
   with me. The code as it sits, does require MS_MAP_PATTERN to be set if
   full-path values are allowed.
   - +1

--Steve