[mapserver-dev] next MapCache maintenance release

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Mar 9 06:14:10 PST 2021

Hi Jérome,

Great.  I think it would be good if you can be release manager, as I'm
doing that for the 8.0 release.  I volunteer to help through this
MapCache effort as well.

I think it might be good to give a nudge to a few existing pull requests
and issues, to see if community members jump back with feedback/updates,
and to give a few weeks for that.  Since the 8.0 feature freeze is set
for April 9, why don't we keep that, such as:

   Feature freeze: Fri. April 9, 2021
   1.12.0-rc: Fri. April 16, 2021
   1.12.0 (final): Fri. April 23, 2021

(as the 8.0 release dates are:

   Feature freeze: Fri. April 9, 2021
   8.0-beta1: Fri. April 16, 2021
   8.0-beta2: Fri. April 23, 2021
   8.0-rc1: Fri. April 30, 2021
   8.0 (final): Fri. May 7, 2021

Let me know your thoughts.  Thanks!

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, MapServer Consulting and Training