[mapserver-dev] Versioned MapServer Docs?

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Fri Mar 19 10:09:07 PDT 2021

I too use a editor with [imperfect] syntax highlighting (Notepad++).  But i wanted to go beyond that (your Vim -> html is a nice option).

My goals for the "mapfile cheatsheet" are:

1.  Make it easy to create a workable mapfile
 - can simply cut-and paste
 - content should be almost complete
 - have comments showing options, acceptable values, etc for tweaking
2.  Make it available for others to use (e.g. a web page)
3.  Provide links on the keywords pointing to the official doc for details (.rst? .md?)
 - show syntax highlighting for ease of reading
4.  Make it easy to maintain/update as the mapfile syntax changes

Loved your DATA statement by the way!

Brent