[mapserver-dev] Versioned MapServer Docs?

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Fri Mar 19 10:58:50 PDT 2021

Hi Brent,

All Mapfile keywords are linkable using the following format: https://mapserver.org/mapfile/layer.html#mapfile-layer-data
I might "borrow" that idea of linking keywords directly to the docs in the online mappyfile editor.

Longer term I'm hoping to make the JSON schema "official" and bring it into the MapServer project (possible along with mappyfile project itself). See draft RFC at https://mapserver.org/mapfile/layer.html#mapfile-layer-data

mappyfile is also designed to allow plugins (the idea is to allow custom validation plugins for example to check a Mapfile is correctly configured for WMS/WFS for example). Your idea for a mapfile generator could maybe build on mappyfile? At the very least you'd get pretty-printing in Python.

An enjoyable discussion in any case!

Seth

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk