[mapserver-dev] Supporting runtime substitution for the MASK layer parameter

Seth G sethg at geographika.co.uk
Wed Sep 29 13:20:58 PDT 2021

Hi Matthew,

I can't see any negatives about implementing that feature.

Have a look at layerSubstituteString at https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/blob/1c14821bc4c6fc10e966fd05230ad71c05817c7d/mapfile.c#L6710

See https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/blob/main/msautotest/renderers/mask_opacity.map for an existing test that makes use of a MASK and https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer/blob/main/msautotest/query/rfc62.map for a test using runtime subs.

Seth

--
web:http://geographika.co.uk
twitter: @geographika