[mapserver-dev] Oracle Plugin - Does it work (linux)?

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sat Apr 9 07:52:33 PDT 2022

Hi Mike,

You're too fast for me ha (I wanted to re-test with a local Oracle
server, so I'm still modifying tnsnames.ora etc, you know that fun ha),
but indeed for MS4W 5.0 I set -DWITH_ORACLESPATIAL=1   (MS4W has always
been designed to connect to Oracle natively, not as a plugin, and I have
no plans to change that - "if it ain't broke don't fix it" ha)

PS. that reminds me, I've seen recently a MapServer user report that
plugins were slower in performance - yes I know this is hard to believe
& has no proof, but I always listen to the feedback of users, they are
not crazy.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, MapServer Consulting and Training