[mapserver-dev] Mapserver 8.0 beta documentation

Steve Lime sdlime at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 06:10:08 PDT 2022

There are 2 scenarios when you won't get the error Jeff references
when MS_MAP_PATTERN is not set in the config file:

   1. If using an map alias (set in the map section of the config file) -
   these can only be read from the config file.
   2. If MS_MAP_PATTERN is set in the underlying environment - that is, by
   the web server. Things are set up to fall back to the environment variables
   (we're using GDAL functionality) if they exist for any of the MS* variables.

Do either of these apply?

--Steve