[mapserver-dev] Heads-up: 8.0 version branched

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Jul 5 13:20:41 PDT 2022

Hi all,

Some may have noticed that a beta1 was quietly made available last week,
but no official announcement: this was no coincidence.  The (great) fast
feedback received from those watching this space closely (Bas, etc.) was
priceless, so I felt it was best to work through those issues before the
announcement.

Long story short: beta2 is planned for this coming Friday, with a more
official announcement etc.  So please if you are working on a pull
request now, try to get your changes in before then (with appropriate
msautotests).

Thanks!

-jeff