[mapserver-dev] MapServer 8.0 Beta Release?

Steve Lime sdlime at gmail.com
Wed May 11 09:25:20 PDT 2022

Re-visiting this - I'm not sure what's blocking us moving forward w/beta. I
see 4 open pull requests...

   1. FlatGeobuf - would be nice to include in 8.0 although we could target
   8.2 if it might take awhile. There's no reason an 8.2 couldn't follow on
   fairly quickly.
   2. coshp utility - IMHO it could be merged "as is" and then open a
   separate ticket to add tests.
   3. CMake policy warnings - seems like a blocker
   4. remove PHP-native MapScript - seems like a blocker

There are other bugs of course (there will always be bugs) but I don't
consider those to be blockers for a release - other opinions welcome.

--Steve