[mapserver-dev] Proposal/request to implement FlatGeobuf as built-in format

Björn Harrtell bjorn.harrtell at gmail.com
Thu May 19 00:12:14 PDT 2022

1. Undefined behavior more or less. There is a verifier that could mitigate
security risks in some capacity but it would cost a small bit of
performance. I've not implemented support to use the verifier at this point
(to keep the initial implementation as simple as possible).
2. It contains mapserver specific C wrapper and third party code (upstreams
are FlatGeobuf and transitive dependency flatbuffers)
3. It's currently bleeding edge code wise. If you mean the spec/format
itself it's version 3 (stable since early 2020) and I have no plans for any
breaking change in that regard.
4. I've been careful to make absolute minimal additions to the mapfile
parser. I'm confident it does not introduce anything breaking.