[MapServer-dev] Missing license for the documentation repository

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sun Feb 5 06:37:46 PST 2023

Hi devs,

The MapServer-documentation repository is actually missing a license.  I
have created a Pull Request to add a license, which is actually the CC
BY 4.0 license :

   - pull request:
https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer-documentation/pull/793
   - about CC BY 4.0 : https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/

This license was chosen because it is the most permissive
CreativeCommons license.

I'm just sharing here, as most devs don't follow that issue tracker for
docs.

(needless to say, all documentation requires a license, and our
MapServer Documentation repo is actually shared quite often in other
projects)

Thanks,

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, MapServer Consulting and Training