[MapServer-dev] Missing license for the documentation repository

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Feb 6 05:35:29 PST 2023

Hi,

Playing the devil's advocate, I'm not sure we can upgrade the license
that easily given that there's no copyright assignment to an entity (the
PSC typically) that could make such decisions on behalf of contributors.
Formally, past contributors have agreed to contribute to the terms of
3.0 only, not necessarily 4.0. This is probably just nitpicking, and
nobody will likely complain of a CC BY SA 3.0 -> CC BY SA 4.0 change,
but I'd say at a minimum this should be conditioned to a formal PSC
vote, so that the PSC holds the responsibility of the license version
change.

Even

--
http://www.spatialys.com