[MapServer-dev] Testing WMS with Teamengine

Rahkonen Jukka jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Oct 18 01:08:23 PDT 2023

Hi,

I tested if MapServer could get an OGC WMS 1.3.0 certificate. At least one failure seems relevant. I used https://demo.mapserver.org/cgi-bin/wms?SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities for testing and this GetFeatureInfo test fails: Assertion: When GetFeatureInfo is requested on a Layer that is not queryable, then the server issues a Service Exception (code=LayerNotQueryable).
Mapserver gives this error instead: msWMSFeatureInfo(): WMS server error. Layer(s) specified in QUERY_LAYERS parameter is not offered by the service instance.
Test query: https://demo.mapserver.org/cgi-bin/wms?FoRmAt=image%2Fpng&InFo_fOrMaT=text%2Fhtml&CrS=EPSG%3A4326&I=50&HeIgHt=100&J=50&ReQuEsT=GetFeatureInfo&StYlEs=&QuErY_LaYeRs=bluemarble&VeRsIoN=1.3.0&LaYeRs=bluemarble&BbOx=-90.000000,-180.000000,90.000000,180.000000&WiDtH=100

Another failure comes from the MIME type test but I do not know how and where to resolve it. The test is "For format "image/vnd.jpeg-png", when the FORMAT parameter is set to that format, the MIME type of the response matches that format". That will fail because the jpeg-png is sort of a bogus mime type and the result is either jpeg or png. Maybe the format should be disabled from the service that is used for OGC tests. Of course if OGC recognizes image/vnd.jpeg-png then the Teamengine could be made to accept jpeg and png.

I found also some issues in the Teamengine that created odd looking requests which yielded errors from Mapserver. I will contact the Teamengine developers for resolving which part has a bug.

-Jukka Rahkonen-