[MapServer-dev] Testing WMS with Teamengine

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Oct 18 05:09:56 PDT 2023

Hi Jukka,

I will add a new service for "WMS CITE service" on demo.mapserver.org

Thanks for this nudge.

No disagreement here, especially as I pay yearly to be an OGC industry
member, so it makes sense for GatewayGeo to put time into
demo.mapserver.org to get that setup for the CITE tests.

-jeff

On 2023-10-18 7:56 a.m., Rahkonen Jukka via MapServer-dev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I first run the test but now I have also read part of the documentation.
> There may be other errors if the test server is configured properly. For
> getting a certificate it is mandatory to set up a service that contains
> layers from the shapefiles of the standard dataset
> https://cite.opengeospatial.org/teamengine/about/wms13/1.3.0/site/
> <https://cite.opengeospatial.org/teamengine/about/wms13/1.3.0/site/>
>
> The first step could be to add a new demo service “WMS CITE service”
> into https://demo.mapserver.org/ <https://demo.mapserver.org/>. And I
> think that the CITE mapfile should be maintained somewhere in GitHub
> https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer
> <https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer>. Maybe a copy of CITE vectors
> could be there as well because it is a very small dataset. Unfortunately
> there in not any kind of license file included in the zipfile that I
> just downloaded. That way it should be rather easy to run CITE tests
> also with locally installed Teamengine, maybe even automatically and
> integrated with CI process. Some public online service is needed anyway
> for the certificate and demo.mapserver.org feels good for that purpose.
> The one who maintains the service may disagree, though.
>
> -Jukka-

Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, & offering MapServer Consulting/Dev
co-founder of FOSS4G
http://gatewaygeo.com/