[MapServer-dev] Testing WMS with Teamengine

Rahkonen Jukka jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Oct 18 03:56:30 PDT 2023

Hi,

I first run the test but now I have also read part of the documentation. There may be other errors if the test server is configured properly. For getting a certificate it is mandatory to set up a service that contains layers from the shapefiles of the standard dataset https://cite.opengeospatial.org/teamengine/about/wms13/1.3.0/site/

The first step could be to add a new demo service "WMS CITE service" into https://demo.mapserver.org/. And I think that the CITE mapfile should be maintained somewhere in GitHub https://github.com/MapServer/MapServer. Maybe a copy of CITE vectors could be there as well because it is a very small dataset. Unfortunately there in not any kind of license file included in the zipfile that I just downloaded. That way it should be rather easy to run CITE tests also with locally installed Teamengine, maybe even automatically and integrated with CI process. Some public online service is needed anyway for the certificate and demo.mapserver.org feels good for that purpose. The one who maintains the service may disagree, though.

-Jukka-