[MapServer-dev] Documentation of the config file

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Oct 25 10:11:07 PDT 2023

Hi Jukka,

I'm open to suggestions for its location (but I remember from one of the
releases, this url was even hardcoded in an error message inside the
source code, if my memory is correct, so changing it will have some
additional impacts that we must catch).

update: it is in mapfile.c & mapserv-config.cpp

-jeff

On 2023-10-25 1:03 p.m., Rahkonen Jukka via MapServer-dev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Config file is documented under mapfile at
> https://mapserver.org/mapfile/config.html
> <https://mapserver.org/mapfile/config.html>. Isn’t that a wrong place
> because this CONFIG is not a part of a mapfile? And maybe it could be
> documented as “config file” or something that is clearly different than
> the CONFIG under mapfile/MAP https://mapserver.org/mapfile/map.html
> <https://mapserver.org/mapfile/map.html> even those two can serve some
> common purposes. BTW does the mapfile win if the same ENV is set both in
> the config file and in the mapfile?
>
> -Jukka Rahkonen-

Jeff McKenna
GatewayGeo: Developers of MS4W, & offering MapServer Consulting/Dev
co-founder of FOSS4G
http://gatewaygeo.com/