Projections and debugging web processes

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Sun Aug 22 23:37:49 EDT 1999

How are you initializing the web process? Are you sure intial extents are correct and are in the correct coordinate system? Everything should be in the maps projection. Individual layers are converted to that (if necessary) but no other coordinates.

Does the demo work with that install or is this all new to this particular compiled version?

Debugging web stuff ain't fun. If you're using apache (don't know about others) then you can just print to stderr and messages will show up in the logs.

Steve

<<< Cameron Shorter <cshorter at optusnet.com.au>  8/17  7:31a >>>
I have been trying to get projections working.  So far I have been able
to get shp2gif to draw map using my projections map file, but for some
reason it doesn't work when I call mapserver from the web for that
mapfile.  Mapserv does work for other non-projection map files.

Does anyone know:
1. Why shp2gif would work, but mapserv only produces a blank page.
2. How to attach a gdb to a web process.
3. Other ideas on debugging.

Cameron.