Administration Tools

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Aug 31 12:56:13 EDT 1999

One of the biggest missing pieces with MapServer are application
administration tools- mapfile, symbol set and web authoring. Anybody
out there interested in working on something like this? I'm thinking
Tk/Tcl, java or whatever. Could even be converters that would let
you build things in existing desktop systems (eg. mapinfo or arcview)
and write MapServer config files. I'm swamped with 3.3 work but could
help on admin stuff a little. Please let me know if you're interested and
we can persue forming a working group or something.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst
MIS Bureau - MN DNR