Labeling Problems

Paul G. Allen pgallen at randomlogic.com
Wed Dec 1 09:00:42 EST 1999

I seem to be having problems with labels, mainly street labels. I am having two
problems, but only on the Alpha system.

1. Street labels only appear when zoomed way in on a map, about 5-10 city
blocks. Anything else and the CGI crashes with a "premature end of script
headers" in the Apache error log.

2. Turning on any other labels - cities, landmarks, etc. - also causes a crash.

Everything seems to work fine on the K6 however. My make files for the two
systems are identical, and so is the directory tree as well as the .map file.

Any ideas of where to look for what's causing this problem?

PGA