how to compile ms_3.3 with freetype

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Dec 7 10:18:52 EST 1999

Edit the mapserver Makefile and change the Freetype section to point to where you
installed it. It should look something like:

TTF_LIB=-L./gdft -lgdft -L/path/to/dir/containing/library -lttf
TTF_INC=-I./gdft -I/path/to/dir/containing/headers
TTF=-DUSE_TTF
TTF_GD=gdft

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Peter Jacobs <peter.jacobs at vs42.nl> 12/07/99 08:13AM >>>
Hello,

For my mapserv I use a host where I'm not able to install freetype on the
normal directories like /usr/bin because I don't have the privilliges. So I
installed the libraries of freetype with ./configure --prefix and
--exec-prefix.
When I type make in the ms_3.3 directory I get all sorts of errors like missing
freetype.h
Who can please help me with the makefile of mapserv

Regards
Peter Jacobs