mapserv/mapscript 3.3 compilation probs

Paul Cameron pcameron at gis.umn.edu
Tue Dec 7 14:26:08 EST 1999

Hello,

I don't know a whole lot about Makefiles so I hope this makes some sense.

I'm having some problems getting the newest version of mapserv/mapscript
to compile on IRIX 5.3. The problem seems to be related to the removal of
the regex directory from the distribution.

In map.h, line 46 there is the line:
  #include <regex.h>

The compilation would crash when it tried to find that file. I got around
this problem by copying a regex directory from an old distribution over
and adding these lines in the Makefile (pulled from older Makefile):
  REGEXP_LIB=-L./regex -lregex
  REGEXP_INC=-I./regex

That fixed the problem for compiling the main mapserv program but now I'm
having the same problem with mapscript and I'm not sure how to modify the
Makefile so it can find the regex.h file. The output from compiling looks
like

cc -c -I../shapelib -I../gd-1.2 -I../gdft -D_POSIX_SOURCE -ansiposix
-D_BSD_TYPES -Olimit 3000 -I/usr/local/include -DLANGUAGE_C -O
-DVERSION=\"0.10\" -DXS_VERSION=\"0.10\" -KPIC
-I/usr/local/lib/perl5/IP22-irix/5.00404/CORE -DUSE_TTF -DUSE_TIFF
-DUSE_EPPL -DUSE_REGEXP mapscript_wrap.c cfe:
Error: ./../map.h: 46: Cannot open file regex.h for #include make: ***
[mapscript_wrap.o] Error 1

Any help would be much appreciated,
Paul Cameron