Mapscript (Perl) question

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Dec 20 10:08:11 EST 1999

Correct. At present a map object has to be initialized using a map file. However,
I'll eventually allow for the creation of an "empty" map object that you could build
upon.

You'll see the use of constructors throughout mapscript. I deceided to go with a
object oriented interface for a number of reasons- it's real clean and scripts written
in other languages will look very similar.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Brent Fraser" <bfraser at geoanalytic.com> 12/20/99 08:58AM >>>
Paul,

  It creates a "map object" with properties set
according to the values in your already-existing
"filename.map".  These properties are then
available to the rest of your Perl script.

Brent