3.3.001 is available

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Dec 22 12:35:52 EST 1999

Just letting folks know that 3.3.001 is available via the main MapServer website. It contains
fixes for a few bugs reported by users. (Note: Brent it does not contain the hacks for the
parser or PROJ.4 with win32) One significant change is in how polygons/polylines are
labeled. I added "floating" labels for polygons that behave similarly to line labeling. Now,
the visable portion of a polygon is labeled. You can tune this in 2 ways. You can use
the label parameter MINFEATURESIZE to help avoid labeling slivers or small inclusions.
The value of MINFEATURESIZE coresponds to the minimum width or height in pixels
of the bounding box for a particular feature. You can also use the label parameter
PARTIALS to set whether partial labels are allowed (ie. can labels run off the edge of an
image). The default is true. The floating polygon labels seem to work quite well. let me know
what you all think.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst