looking for...

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Dec 28 12:02:29 EST 1999

Greetings: I've ported a quadtree spatial index originally written for the shapelib to
work under MapServer. It seems to perform nicely, at least as fast as my original
grid indexer and hopefully faster. It's easier to use than my old code. I'll release it
later today with version 3.3.003 but I'd like to run some timing tests and need some
really huge (eg. lots of shapes) shapefiles to play with. Anyone got some single
files with 250K to 1 million shapes in them? Please let me know and I'll arrange
a transfer somehow.

Thanks - Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst