Dumb question on Extents

Grzegorz Myrda mapadm at polsl.gliwice.pl
Thu Jul 8 11:24:28 EDT 1999

> I'm having problems getting my first map to come up.  So far all I'm
> getting is a blank page, which raises the following questions.  (Please
> excuse me, but I have no GIS training).

MapExtent is in units features are stored in shapefile (you can
check it with ArcExplorer, different units are only for scalebar
computations). But the most likely reason of getting blank page is
that there is no access to shapefile (bad filename, path or
something). Mapserver doesn't generate errors in such a cases,
but pass to next layer.  If none of layers are accessible then there
is a blank page.

Grzegorz