Question from a new user

Pierluigi Vittori piero at innova.it
Sat Jul 31 15:10:48 EDT 1999

Hi all!
I have been using mapserver for a few days and have discovered how good it
works!
I am no GIS expert nor have I looked in depth into all mapserver features and
source code so it might be that my question is a simple matter of RTFM :))
I would like to perform a text search in the dbf file (i.e. for a specific
street in the map) and consequently center a new map on such a street together
with a symbol placed on it.
My question is: is it possible to do this with the present version of
mapserver? Do I need any extra coding?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Piero