map legend fix...

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Jul 30 14:57:22 EDT 1999

Hi: Some of you using 3.21x or higher may have noticed a label offset problem
when creating legends. I've attached a new version of maplegend.c that fixes
the offset problem. Multiline legend labels still don't work correctly and I will have
that fixed in version 3.3. TrueType font sizes should be equal to or smaller than
the key height. Real large fonts relative to the keys can result in text overlap
(and ugly legends even if displayed properly). Again the fix will appear in 3.3
but really shouldn't impact anyone at all.

To apply the fix. Copy the new file into the mapserver source directory and
do a "make clean" followed by a "make". You'll need to replace your old
binaries with the new versions and that should do it.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst
MIS Bureau - MN DNR