Map Server Test Page up

Banister Trevor TBanister at SpaceImaging.com
Wed Oct 6 12:38:59 EDT 1999

The USGS (www.usgs.gov) provides a lot of vector data in DLG format. There
are several converters out there that will convert the SDTS format to shape.
The best method I have found is to use the SDTS2MIF and then the ESRI
MIF2SHAPE program. There's probably a better method, let me know if you find
it. A site called www.gisdatadepot.com claims to have over a terabyte of
vector and raster data from USGS and other sources. DRGs make a nice base
image. It's neatly organized and is freely downloadable.

ESRI also has a site called www.arcdataonline.com which has a mixture of low
cost and free data, mostly in shape format.

<blatant plug> Finally, Space Imaging sells 5 meter per pixed DOQs from IRS
(Indian Remote Sensing, not Internal Revenue Service :-) ) Last time I
checked they were going for about $250 each. Eventually we'll be selling
these online in MrSID format, but I'm not sure what the release date for
that project will be. Data from our new 1 meter per pixel IKONOS bird will
be available in the next 60-90 days, but I doubt this will fall into the
"cheap" category.</blatant plug>

Happy hunting.

Trevor