Opencontent licence

Cameron Shorter cshorter at optusnet.com.au
Sat Sep 4 17:08:39 EDT 1999

I've wanted to set up map data that I create under an open source licence like
the gnu open source licence. http://www.opensource.org http://www.fsf.org/ .
It basically says anyone can copy your program, and can enhance it, but cannot
sell your programs or improvements of it.

Steve, I reckon you should consider releasing mapserver under such a licence,
because as it stands I belive anyone could copy, slightly enhance, and then
add a copywrite licence  over mapserver.

Well, a licence has been set up for content which should be able to cover
mapping data.  Check out: http://www.opencontent.org/home.shtml

Cameron Shorter