GIF Format Issues

Grzegorz Myrda mapadm at polsl.gliwice.pl
Sun Sep 5 15:44:29 EDT 1999

I have gd 1.3 which uses non-LZW compression. However mapserv probably needs
a little correction because there were some disturbances in the image after
simple exchanging all gd files to version 1.3 files.

>From the gd doc:
     Non-LZW-based GIF compression code.
          Version 1.3 contains GIF compression code that uses simple Run
          Length Encoding instead of LZW compression, while still
          retaining compatibility with normal LZW-based GIF decoders
          (your browser will still like your GIFs).

The different is in the size of output GIF.

Grzegorz