TFW and WLD

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Sep 14 10:43:25 EDT 1999

Looks like what you need to construct a world file is already there. Cell
size is 0.16666667535901 and the upper lefthand coordinates are
the last two entries. Here's the corresponding world file (I might have
x vs y and lat vs lon mixed up).

0.16666667535901
0.0
0.0
-0.16666667535901
-179.91666666232049
89.91667605005205

Only other alternative is to use geotiff. A simple perl script could be
used to reformat your .tfw files.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst
MIS Bureau - MN DNR

(651) 297-2937
steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us

>>> ddnebert <ddnebert at usgs.gov> 09/14 8:22 AM >>>
MapServer implemeters:

My global shaded relief TIFs come with a TFW registration file and the
demo
LANDSAT example uses a WLD file. I don't know what the translation or
exact meaning of the parameters are in either case.  Here are the
elements
as come with a global "geographic" projection TIFF file:

                   0.16666667535901
                   0.00000000000000
                   0.00000000000000
                  -0.16666667535901
                -179.91666666232049
                  89.91667605005205

Is there another way to support these types of TIF or a means to
translate
them to an acceptable WLD file?

Doug Nebert
FGDC