How to define EXTENT

Banister Trevor TBanister at SpaceImaging.com
Fri Sep 17 12:03:40 EDT 1999

As long as you are consistent you can use whichever system (decimal degrees,
meters, feet) you want. The map server doesn't really have support for DD
yet, I'm having to fake it out and tell it that I'm using kilometers, which
messes up the scale bar and zoom factor numbers. Use meters, kilometers, or
feet if you can. Whatever you choose, your extents must be in the same units
as your shape file.

You should be able to get some insight by looking at the "world file" that
came with your sectional. If you don't have one, you'll have to create one
so the map server knows where is the world to put it.

A world file should look something like this: (copied from one of Steve's
earlier mails)
This represents the whole world in Geographic format.

0.16666667535901
0.0
0.0
-0.16666667535901