Enable/disable a group of layers (workaround)

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Apr 21 16:54:51 EDT 2000

This not working is an oversight in the source. It'll be fixed in the next release...

Groups are usefull when using URL base map file mods or when in mapscript.
Otherwise a unique layer name is NOT neccessary. So you could name all
that layers 'roads' and dump the group attribute for now and the checkbox
should be sticky as planned.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Berend Veldkamp <berend.veldkamp at aris.nl> 04/21/00 09:43AM >>>
OK, I found a workaround myself, using JavaScript:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"><!--

function CreateCheckBox (layername)
{
  theLayers = "[layers]";
  if ((theLayers.length > 0) && (theLayers.indexOf (layername) > -1))
    theResult = " checked";
  else
    theResult = " ";
  theResult = "<INPUT type=checkbox name=layer value=" + layername +
theResult + "> ";
  document.write (theResult);
}

//--></SCRIPT>