getting my map extents right

Larry Nolan lrn at zeppo.geosurv.gov.nf.ca
Tue Aug 1 11:03:09 EDT 2000

I downloaded NT binaries from the DMSOLUTIONS site and had mapserver running
in no time. Like other NT users it took me a while to get the CRLF issue
figured out.

I can't seem to get my map to zoom out to it's full extents. I have set the
EXTENTS variable in my .map file but does not seem to make any difference.
If I change the pixel SIZE variable to 1000 1000 I get the whole image but
it's large and the quality of the image decreases the larger I make it.

Has anyone else had this problem, any hints or suggestions?

Hats off to the University of  Minnesota and other developers. Mapserver is
a great tool.

thanks

Larry Nolan
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada