Using geographic data in the southern hemisphere

Anton Coetzee anton.coetzee at vip.co.za
Tue Aug 1 13:39:14 EDT 2000

Hi

I'm using mapserver (3.3.010) on Southern Hemisphere shapefiles (Gauteng
area) with no problem. I'm *not* using proj at all, so maybe that is an
issue?

As an example, here's the extent from one of my maps:

units dd
extent 28.05 -26.15 28.12 -26.19

So I can answer #1 - yes, mapserver *does* work OK with Southern Hemisphere
data.

Sorry I can't be of help with the other stuff.

Anton Coetzee