fwd: PHP/Mapscript Installation

teb teb at mallit.fr.umn.edu
Mon Aug 28 09:31:55 EDT 2000

From: mark.wilson at rohoel.at
To: mapserver-info at lists.gis.umn.edu
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 09:07:13 +0200
Subject: PHP/Mapscript Installation

My site is hosted by a third party. Fortunately I have managed to successfully
install Mapserver to work in my own cgi-bin. I was rather hoping I could do the
same for PHP/Mapscript, but I think I may have reached the end of the road.

My host provider had to restore the PHP and Apache src and build directories,
but it looks like these do not exactly match their current environment and I get
the following errors:

>/usr/src/local/php/php.h:184: ap_config.h: No such file or directory
>/usr/src/local/php/php.h:190: ap_compat.h: No such file or directory
>/usr/src/local/php/php.h:192: httpd.h: No such file or directory
>/usr/src/local/php/php.h:193: http_main.h: No such file or directory
>/usr/src/local/php/php.h:194: http_core.h: No such file or directory
>/usr/src/local/php/php.h:195: http_request.h: No such file or directory
>/usr/src/local/php/php.h:196: http_protocol.h: No such file or directory
>/usr/src/local/php/php.h:197: http_config.h: No such file or directory
>/usr/src/local/php/php.h:198: http_log.h: No such file or directory

When I reported this to them, they replied:
>do an autoconf, ap_config.h and ap_compat.h are
>not available.
>
>The http*.h files are in /usr/src/local/apache.

I am now out of my depth! Is there anything feasible (not too complicated) to be
done here, or do I need to start reading a good beginners guide to Perl (for the
inbuilt Mapscript functionality)? I just need to know which is the most likely
"path of least resistance"!

TIA,

Mark W.