php3-mapscript, how to use expression

Christian christian at gottschling.net
Wed Aug 30 12:52:09 EDT 2000

Hello,
finally I got php3 with mapserver-expansion on Mandrake running. Hint for
all those that want to try it, too.
The php3-module that came with Mandrake is compiled with gd1.7 (without
gif), so take care to compile mapserver with the new gd-version. Or
recompile the php with old gd.

But back to my questions. Here is an excerpt from my mapfile:

CLASSITEM 'VW'
         CLASS
           EXPRESSION '069' # City of Frankfurt
           COLOR 250 0 0
           OUTLINECOLOR 10 240 10
END

Short Info: This colorizes a region with the prefix 069 red.

Now I like to colorize regions "dynamically", on the fly, within my
php-script. Different colors for different prefixes. Any hints how to do that?

The gmap-example is nice, but very large and not easy to understand for a
rookie like me.
Are there any more examples out?

--
Christian