php3-mapscript, how to use expression

Assefa Yewondwossen assefa1 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 14:09:12 EDT 2000

Hi,

 Here is an example that dynamically creates classes
on a certain layer (assumes here that $gpoMap is the
map object and there is a layer called classified in
the .map file) :

$poLayer = $gpoMap->getlayerbyname("classified");

$poLayer->set("classitem", "VW");

$nColorId = $gpoMap->addColor(255, 0, 0);

$poClass = ms_newClassObj($poLayer);

$poClass->set("color", $nColorId);

$poClass->setExpression("069");

 Hope it helps,