php3-mapscript and projections

Doyon, Jean-Francois Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Aug 31 11:29:44 EDT 2000

Hey guys,

How do I setup projections using MapScript (PHP3) ?

I have a temporary shapefile that is in a different porjection than the rest
of my data ...

I haven't seen anything in the docs talking about a "projection object" or
anything like that ...

When I create a new layer from scratch in mapscript, how do I specify PROJ.4
parameters ?

Also, exactly where in the map file do I specify the projection for the
"output image" ?
So far I've done all the layers (except the temp one mentionned above), and
everything works
fine, but then as it stands no conversion is being done. Do I put it at the
top, in no section in
particular ? Or in the "Web" section ?

Also, is it possible that specifying the projection for all your layers
(even if they all have the exact
same projection), makes things slightly faster ? Could be just an illusion
though :)

Thank you,

J.F.