query: wrong results

Franziska Wenzel fw at urbanix.de
Sat Dec 2 10:17:17 EST 2000

I have still teh same problem:

For testing purposes I've managed to get a map with London Boroughs
(area) and tube stations (points) displayed, on mapserver 3.3.011 for Linux.

But when I do a query on objects, either the borough layer or the tube layer,
I sometimes get wrong results. Tolerance for points is 5 and for area is 1.
Within one borough different results are possible, a right one and wrong
ones which is the neigbouring borough (any direction).

I tested various tolerances, and tested different coordinates
(geographic and rectangular)

Any idea why this happens?
How is the reference done between the dbf-file and the map-objects?

Thanks
Franziska

Here is my map file, it's more or less the file from the ms_demo,
slightly adapted
for my purposes only, so it should work, I guess.

#
# Start of map file
#
NAME DEMO
STATUS ON
SIZE 580  460
SHADESET symbols/shade.sym
LINESET symbols/line.sym
MARKERSET symbols/marker.sym
EXTENT 503900.133726333 155850.12399045 561960.144833978 201720.08577298
UNITS METERS
SHAPEPATH "data"
IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255

#LABELOVERLAP FALSE