MapServer Performance

Thorsten Fischer thfischer at mapmedia.de
Wed Dec 6 10:16:02 EST 2000

Ladies and gentlemen,

Our company is about to install MapServer for a german internet job searching
engine. But there are several questions left before the installation is to be
made. One of them is the question about the performance of MapServer.

Of course I know that numbers such as 'hits handled per second' highly depend on
the hardware used as well as the task that is to be fulfilled by the system. I
would appreciate any numbers that the users on this mailing list are able to
share with me.

Besides: your server is great ;-)

Thorsten Fischer          thfischer at mapmedia.de

MapMedia - Kartographie und raumbezogene Informationssysteme
Am Borsigturm 42
13507 Berlin
Deutschland
http://www.mapmedia.de tel: +49 (0)30 43032102