[Freetype] need help installing True Type Fonts

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Dec 6 16:51:51 EST 2000

Ummm. MapServer has not be updated to work with FreeType 2 yet. You
need version 1.2 or higher. FreeType 2 offers no backwords compatability
with the version 1 API and since the version 2 full release hasn't happened
(at least last time I checked) I haven't sat down and done the port.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Brian Johnson" <bjohnson at jecinc.on.ca> 12/06/00 03:53PM >>>
For anyone who is following my battle with Freetype:

I am now trying to use Freetype 2.0 with Slackware Linux 7.0

The mapserver (mapserver.gis.umn.edu) ./configure script is looking for a
file called libttf.so

However, the freetype make does not create this file - could it possibly be
the libfreetype.so file?

It also is not created in the directories that the mapserver
(mapserver.gis.umn.edu) ./configure script is looking for the libttf.so file
(it is created in /freetype-2.0/obj/.libs and /usr/local/lib)

Am I onto something here?

What should I do now?