Zoom to Selected in the "normal" map

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Dec 8 10:51:38 EST 2000

I'm confused, that functionality *does* exist. What does the select/querymap
option not give you? Querymaps are *normal* maps.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> Peter Brack <blackmail at snafu.de> 12/08/00 03:36AM >>>
Hi Listers,

all answers demonstrated a seect/highlite/zoom solution depending on the
itemquery/querymap functionality. My problem is, I want to browse the
map itself, not a special template-map.

To make things more obviously: I have a map. One functionality should be
search for a certain record, zoom to it and if possible, highlite it.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much!

Special thanks go to Stephen Lime and Tom who pointed to the
mapserver-testsuite, e. g.
http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/mapserver_demos/tests/itemquery

Peter