Muliple Layers Problem using MapServer

Marcelle L Caturia catu0004 at tc.umn.edu
Wed Dec 13 17:35:32 EST 2000

Hi Everyone,

Here's a MapServer problem which has perplexed my labmates and I for
several days - thought I'd throw it out to the mailing list for feedback.

I'm not able to display multiple layers if I submit my map request by
clicking on my submit button (named "Go" on my mapserver interface).
However, individual layers display fine using the submit button, as long
as I select them one at a time before submitting.

Another interesting observation: I can get multiple layers to display if I
submit my map request by clicking on my map image area instead of on the
submit button.

Prior to all of this happening, I had just added a hidden "imgxy" variable
to my template file to take care of a previous problem: after zooming in
on my map image, adding a new layer would kick me back to the full map
extent.  (Any added layers, whether before or after zooming in, displayed
fine).

On the advice of Steve Lime, I've also tried turning off the legend to see
if the problem is related to a legend - layer minscale/maxscale issue.
But this doesn't seem to make a difference at all.

My MapServer project startup page is located at:
http://gis.umn.edu/~mcaturia/minnesota/demo/index_demo.html

The map and template files are called "demo1.map" and "demo1.html", and
are located in the same /demo/ directory as above.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. (And please note that I'm still a
fairly new MapServer, HTML and Java user.)  Many thanks!

Marcelle Caturia
catu0004 at tc.umn.edu