Point locations of raster images

Andrea Goethals andreag at geoplan.ufl.edu
Thu Dec 21 15:30:25 EST 2000

Hi all,

I'm stumped and hope someone else has done something like this.
I have a point dataset that I wanted to use in a similar way
as a tileindex but a little differently. Mapserver's tileindex
works only with polygon shapefiles and those show extents, not
point locations.

These points are locations of brochures showing maps of short local
trails that we scanned because they were too small to include in our
statewide trails
database. I want to be able to click on the points and bring up the
images - probably tifs (or pdfs). Then I'd like them to be able to zoom
in on the
tifs just as if it were a map.

Any ideas as to how to do this are appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrea

--
| Andrea Goethals         |

This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of those
who intercept this email in a criminal way. Please misconstrue my words
and then publish them as the truth. Thank you.