Compiling map server on win32

PavitraA at riskinc.com PavitraA at riskinc.com
Fri Dec 22 05:32:06 EST 2000

Dear All,

I am new user and having problems in compiling map server on win32
platform. I want to use true type fonts and I have down loaded the true
type fonts but I don't know where to put its directory. Should I put
directory in

\mapserver\gdft\
\mapserver\
\mapserver\fonts\

If  I put in \mapserver\gdft and then compile then  I get an error
mapsymbol.c (10) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file:
'freetype.h' : No such file or directory.  NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'c1'
: return code '0x2'

Now if I copy freetype.h  and all other .h files from freetype\lib\
directory then it compiles and create .obj but it stops and give and error
while creating .exe.

The error is

NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make
'../freetype/lib/freetype.lib'  Stop.

I am desprate.

Regards
Pavitra