New (and old) example applications

Stephen Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Dec 22 14:39:49 EST 2000

Just wanted to throw a couple of other example interfaces out there. One is LandView which I've
mentioned before. I did add minscale/maxscale support so it's pretty much finished. The interface
is at:

http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/landview

All javascript code is at http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/javascript and the mapplet applet is at
http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/java/mapplet. Feel free to nab what you wish. The application is literally
a single html page so view that source (eg. index.html).

Another new app is a snowmobiling trail application which can be seen at:

http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/usr/local/www/docs/compass/snowmobile/view.map&zoomsize=3&zoomdir=1&init=true

Yet another hybrid based largely in MapScript can be found at:

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/current_conditions (click the weather mapplet link in the UR corner of the page)

The map is generated using MapScript from National Weather Service data and presented with a hybrid that
turns XML data into an imagemap.

Anyway, hope everyone will have a nice holiday weekend. Regards.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Internet Applications Analyst

Minnesota DNR